ComfortCare Homes® in Newton provides care for Residents who require 24-hour supervision and assistance for most activities of daily living, but do not require skilled nursing care. It’s comparable to the types of services provided in a traditional assisted living, memory care community, or nursing home.
The average CareGiver/Resident ratio is 1:6 or better. The actual patient/staff ratio depends on acuity and needs of the Residents. The Home is staffed 24 hours a day with licensed and/or certified staff. ComfortCare Homes® in Newton is licensed as a “HomePlus” through the State of Kansas, not unlike a nursing home.
Services included in the monthly fee:
- 24-hour care by certified professional staff
- Licensed nursing team overseeing care
- Personalized care plan based on individual needs
- Three home-cooked meals daily, with snacks available anytime
- Private or companion bedrooms
- Personalized assistance with personal hygiene, bathing, and dressing
- Medication administration
- Incontinence management
- In-home social activities
- Outings as appropriate
- In-home sensory activities
- Secure, attractively-landscaped backyards with large decks
- Custom fire alarm system and secure front doors to restrict elopement
- Housekeeping and laundry service
Optional Additional In-Home Services:*
- Option of in-house Primary Care Practitioner to manage healthcare needs of Resident without having to go for office visits (usually covered by Medicare)
- Home health & hospice: Skilled services such as nursing, physical, occupational, and speech therapies as required (usually covered by Medicare)
- Hair care services
- Podiatry services (usually covered by Medicare)
- Incontinence Supply program
* Provided in ComfortCare Homes® of Harvey County (Newton) by a qualified outside agency. Fees for auxiliary services may apply.